CSIR-NBRI is a premier plant research centre, having a unique blend of expertise in classical and advanced plant sciences supported with state-of-art laboratories and infrastructures. Since its inception in 1953, CSIR-NBRI has been engaged in basic and applied botanical, horticultural and biotechnological research, providing S&T services in various sectors, spanning from plant resource identification, documentation, and conservation to bio-prospecting through development of new herbal, biotech, microbial and agri-horticultural technologies, products and services for industrial use and societal benefits. CSIR-NBRI has internationally accredited Herbarium and Botanic Garden, which serve as resource repositories for research, conservation, training and capacity building in botanical and allied disciplines. CSIR-NBRI is one of the NABL accredited laboratories in the area of herbal drug research. The institute has achieved several significant milestones in technology development in the domains of herbal health products, cosmaceuticals, microbial technologies and floral crafts in recent years.
Development of a cadre of employable skilled human resource in plant sciences for plant resource utilization.
To provide quality human resource at various levels and types of skills in the field of agriculture,
aroma and herbal drugs and plant biotechnology sectors of Indian industry.
Aims & Objectives
- Developing employment oriented skill programmes in the core competency areas of CSIR-NBRI
- Creating a pool of skilled human resource for catering the manpower needs of plant based industries, and promoting their inter-linkages.
- Aligning the skill programmes with CSIR Integrated Skill Initiative, National Skill Development Council and Sectoral Councils to meet the national objectives.
- Developing market/industry driven courses with emphasis on hands-on practical learning.
- Ensuring transparent selection and evaluation processes for achieving societal inclusiveness.
Prof. S.K. Barik, Director
Dr. S.K. Tewari, Chief Scientist