Technology Transfer and Business Development Division (TTBD) offers support to Scientists, Technical staff and Students on all elements related to business development, technology transfer, patents, inventions, in accordance with the Institute’s Charter. Further within its ambit are activities related with taking R&D to stakeholders particularly of relevance to industry. Division undertakes activities for:
- Interaction with industries, agencies for increasing business possibilities for the Institute.
- Making sustainable efforts to transfer institute’s developed technologies to user industries as per CSIR norms with components of license fee and royalty.
- Documentation of technologies that are either developed or being developed by the institute.
- Preparing Agreements as per CSIR guidelines for business development.
- Management of institute’s IP portfolio including Intellectual property and knowledgebase and portfolio management.
- Prior art search & documentation, patent application filing and prosecution of application of the Institute, patent analysis, co-ordination with IPU division, CSIR HQ for patent related matters.
For capacity building in the area of research and development:
- Facilitates training/dissertation of PG students under various streams of the Institute.
- Co-ordinates national and international individual and group trainings in various R&D domains of institute.
The activities under Scientific Social Responsibility involve:
- Conducting “Jigyasa” programme for students of various KendriyaVidyalaya and Government Schools.
- Structured visits of general public including farmers, research scholars, students and teachers botanical garden, different laboratories, exposition, herbarium etc.
- Participation in displaying technologies/knowhow/products of the Institute through exhibitions, KisanMelas.
It is also involved with harnessing corporate social responsibility related opportunities for R&D.